Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Kundan embroidery jhumka ;)

Hello All,

I have to start with, I am feeling mighty please with myself! :D Yesterday night was an unusually happy night where a pretty risky experiment paid off!

When I had a phone conversation with my supplier and a very dear friend Neha, of A-One Craft Supply about buying some half pearls, I am sure she wondered if I was right in the head! Asking for half pearls THAT small is kind of insane! ;) But she persisted, hunted them down and bought me the most marvellously useful craft supply........Neha, I owe you a zillion for this one :)

I have to thank my clients who don't even blink at allowing me to experiment wildly with various materials and processes :)

So, here goes, yesterday's R&D result..........a kundan embroidery look jhumka


The first trial is shown here (which didn't turn out great but then, if you do enough work, you'll eventually get there :D)



Thanks Ketaki and A-One Craft Supply, for making these possible :)

Happy Quilling

Pritesh

PS: If my posts inspire you to create something on similar lines, I feel highly flattered. But please, do respect the effort I take in conceptualizing and executing, please give a direct link to my work when you are inspired by mine. Thanks for understanding........:-)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Pritesh,
Very nice work. Where can I buy these?

Apurva (4.apurvabhelke@gmail.com)

Divya N said...

It looks like those lovely pearls embroidery done on sarees, well done

Unknown said...

So intricate and beautiful!!! Pritesh ..I cant take my eyes off ...Gazing it from a long time ...and I loved name tooo "Jodha ".Hats off guru :)

Gayatri said...

I find the first trial also immensely beautiful!!! superb creations.

Artes de NĂ¡gela said...

Fabulous!
I loved it!

Radhika said...

I just love them .. even 1st pair looks wonderful .. I just cant wait to make one not one more for myself but 1st have to find the half pearls.. Thanks for sharing... :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

What stunning creations and hats off to your photography...where did you learn to take such stunning shots!!

Akila said...

Hi pritesh, it is very beautiful. May I know from where in pune can I get art/craft supplies?

Akila said...

Stunning.. may I know frm where in pune can I get art/craft supplies?

Nati said...

wow!!!beautiful!!!

Somdeepa Das said...

Hi Pritesh, I have long been an admirer of your work. These pair of jhumkas look extremely grand and royal!
I have recently done some quillography using the Beehiving technique which I learnt from your excellent tutorial. Thank you very much for sharing the tute. I also found your tips on quillography very useful.